Thursday, February 16, 2017

Waikanae Pools

Waikane pools

On a sunny bright day, Rangikura school was lucky enough to get an amazing opportunity to go to Waikanae pools on the 8th of Feb 2017. The 5 buses arrived at 9:15 and all left at about 9:30, and took a solid hour to get to the pools. When we arrived there, the pool instructors explained the rules for our own safety.

As everyone dived into the pools, there was splashing everywhere, yelling, a lot of talking with your mates and swimming (Obviously). Everyone was having their time of their lives. I was soaking wet and freezing cold as I waddled to the slide to have a turn. As I waited and waited in the long line, I was getting a little impatient and felt like I was turning into solid ice, but luckily time past by and I FINALLY got a turn. 3, 2, 1 as I said in my head and gave myself a push into the big blue slide as the water rushed through my legs. The deeper I went into this slide it got darker, and darker until it was pitch black.  I shut my eyes closed (Just in case something pops up out of the blue and scares me). As I made it to the end, the big bright sun flashed into my eyes as I hopped out.

After a long day of eating, dancing in the water and swimming, I got changed early so the teachers don’t rush me like they always do. After a good 30 min of changing and bragging my mum to brush my long hair, I had a quick chat with my friends. As everyone came out of the changing rooms with baggy eyes looking tired, we lined up in class room lines and headed to the buses. We finally got to school at about 2:50 pm after that long 1hr ride back.. I rushed to my car and drove home with a big smile.

P1100785.JPG


Here is my sister trying to flip, while I’m laughing at the back of her. The one in the blue is my friend Mereana and the one in the front is someone I don’t even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment